Monday, June 4, 2018

If you really have to vent, vent to God.

I know exactly how is it like. At one point of life, you'll be so stressed out that you really want to vent to someone, and normally that someone is your friend. I understand how our close friend(s) have been there since day one and thru thick and thin so you'll naturally think that oh I have a problem now I shall go to them. Well, technically, it isn't wrong to do so. Just remember this, a listening ear is also a running mouth. Always watch who you vent to.

Few days back, I got a notification from the app Sprinkles of Jesus with a title, 'Vent to God'. I look at it and be like, yea, why don't I just vent to God instead of my friends? After all, God is not only our Father, our Savior, He is also our Friend! With that being said, you'll think that I started venting to God instead of my friends. Oopsie dopsie, you got it wrong! I continued venting to my friends and yea, totally, betrayal happened. Not gonna lie, it feels awful. Mostly being disappointed in myself, though. God already reach out to me, all I have to do was grab His hand tight and it will all be fine, but I didn't. So when I was praying to God, asking Him to let the secret dies, it didn't happen. And I know perfectly why is that so.

The bible says to cast ALL our worries on Him, yet so many times I hold onto them because I don't want God to know what's happening, I don't want to lose God's love, I don't want God to abandon me. I feel ashamed to tell God about my problems because it just shows that how sinful I am. Thing is, God already knows what's happening! And He still loves you for who you are, unconditionally. He is waiting for you to come to Him, and tell Him about it so that He can remove what's troubling you. All you have to do is talk to Him. God is just a prayer away!

I know, talking to God seems like a one way journey. When you vent to a friend, you can get a clear reply instantaneously. It doesn't work like that with God. Most of the time, you'll just hear that deafening silence. And you'll feel like you get nothing in return. Think about it this way, "We can't hear God's voice whispering if we have so many distractions and won't still our mind long enough to consider what He may be saying back to us in return". Even if we don't hear the whispers, you begin to see His hands at work in our lives!

There's nothing that you can't talk to Him about! God is waiting and He wants us to trust Him for He will never turn His back on us. So, the next time you feel the need to vent, vent to Him - the good, the bad, and the ugly.


No comments:

Post a Comment